Thursday, February 10, 2005

Privatizing janitor's jobs at public universities

HB 591


Fred Brown (R-Bryan)

This bill would require all "waste removal services" at universities to be subcontracted to either a local government or private business, privatizing all janitorial jobs at institutions of higher education. I honestly doubt this bill will go anywhere, but then again Brown's been filing higher ed. bills like the madman he is - mainly since he's an important, high-ranking member on the House Higher Ed. Committee.

Let's all just cross our fingers that this bill suffers a timely death.

6 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger N. Schwellenbach said...

Is Brown the chair of the House Higher Ed Committee?

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger imasuit said...

No, Geanie Morrison is the Chair, just like last session. However, Fred Brown was the Vice Chair and CBO (Chairman of Budget and Oversight) last session; this session he's only the CBO and Tony Goolsby is now the Vice Chair.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger lightly-salted said...

Fine blog. I found your site suitable for another
visit! And when I'm able to surf the web, I look for
blogs as great as your work.
Sweetie, go and search my cash advance utah
blog for what you need.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Astonshing blog. I relished in the site and you
know I will be going to it again! Surfing the internet
hepls me to find blogs that arfe just as good.
Click on my plastic surgery tummy tuck blog before its to late.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Delightful blog. I devote my spare time just
looking for great blogs such as yours. I treasure this
site and will go back!
I want you to look for my plastic surgery breast implant blog.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger zom-bie said...

Extraordinary blog. Your site was hip and fresh
and we'll visit it again! I love surfing the internet
for blogs.
You must peep out my cash advance dallas blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home