Wednesday, March 28, 2007

News updates

I'm wrapped up in budget stuff at the moment, so I'll forward you on to a few other posts:

Grits for Breakfast has a good post about the case of Shaquanda Cotton, an African-American female sent to TYC for shoving a hall monitor. Hmm, I'm pretty sure I did the same thing in my youth...

Capitol Annex has a post about Top Ten and how it helps rural kids. I actually had a similar post last session. Unfortunately, most of the links to news stories are dead, but the UT Watch factsheet still appears active.

Off the Kuff noted that the Senate unanimously passed SB 558 by Sen. Ellis to cloose the Bill Ceverha loophole. Thank goodness, I guess my laptop carry case to Rodney paid off..

(Note: This a joke, so please don't investigate me. Unless you're the Texas Ethics Commission, since then I wouldn't be worried one way or the other)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home